Monday, September 3, 2007

Kadai Paneer

I made Kadai Paneer for dinner last night. I'm a huge fan of Indian food--especially anything involving paneer (Indian cubed cottage cheese). I used a Tarla Dalal recipe. If you're interested in cooking Indian food, you may want to check out her website. She is perhaps the most prolific cookbook writer in India. On the website, you can sign up for a free membership which includes an occasional email with links to free recipes. They range from recipes like this one--that you might know from Indian restaurants--to some pretty bizarre interpretations of 'Mexican' and 'Italian' food. One other tip--when in doubt, add more spices. I almost always find that the Indian recipes I use would taste bland if I didn't throw in more of the spices than called for. Just taste the food as you're cooking, and make sure you can taste the spices!

No comments: